Saturday, August 9, 2008

New England Vacation - Vermont

Okay - I think I can wrap up our vacation in this post - wooohooo!

After the Cog Mountain Railway, we hit the interstate headed for Vermont -Destination: Ben and Jerry's. =)

Ben and Jerry's really has a cool (no pun intended) experience going on. There is a gift shop, lots and lots of ice cream, a factory tour (that includes a free sample), play ground, activities for kids of all ages, and it goes on and on. I'm not sure about prices for the other activities but the tour was only $3 for adults.

I didn't really know all that much about B & J before this stop. We only have one of their shops in our area and I haven't even been there. I've had B & J's ice cream a few times in the past but I wasn't a well-informed fan. I really learned a lot on the tour. Everything is decorated with bright fun colors and funky scenes. Very interesting! It's really an innovative company with some out of the box approaches to marketing, charity, etc.

I thought the flavor graveyard was really cute. The tombstones had such cute little poem things on them - it cracked me up!


Of course we had to try some! It was delicious!!

We then got back in the car and headed for Hartford. We wanted to spend the night really close to the airport. That way we could go ahead and return the rental car and just hop the shuttle the next morning.

Yikes - I have to post about our experience on the flight home so I guess the vacation will have one more post.

No comments: